OPTIGA Trust P Hardware Encryption

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I have the OPTIGA Trust P that runs the XMC 4500 (AB). In the product description (linked below), it talks about a "HW symmetric & asymmetric crypto engine". Where can I find more information about the HW interface to the crypto APIs? The DAVE example encryption projects seem to only have AES001 which is a software implementation of AES.

Product Description (pdf)

Thanks!
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
Hi,

I believe the HW symmetric & asymmetric crypto engine is refers to the OPTIGA chip rather than XMC4500 microcontroller.
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
eight968 wrote:
I have the OPTIGA Trust P that runs the XMC 4500 (AB). In the product description (linked below), it talks about a "HW symmetric & asymmetric crypto engine". Where can I find more information about the HW interface to the crypto APIs? The DAVE example encryption projects seem to only have AES001 which is a software implementation of AES.

Product Description (pdf)

Thanks!

Hi eight968,

At this moment there is no OPTIGA/ORIGA authentication apps. However you can port the OPTIGA protocol or software into any XMC MCUs. Please contact your local Infineon sale support to get the software.

Lastly we had ported the ORIGA authentication protocol into the XMC1000 as show below.

http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/1486-XMC1000-security-protection-with-ORIGA

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes