Newbie help

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
richardwilliams
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hey everyone, First post here.

I am currently learning C++ as well as using the DAVE software to control an Infineon XMC4500. This is my first language, I have learned a bit from others in the past, but this is the first I am aiming to master. This is also my first time using input/output.

I have been given the challenge to use the potentiometer to control the speed of flashing LEDs on the board, I have been informed to do this I have to use ADC but I am at a loss. I have made the LEDs flash using a delay so all I need to add is the input conversion from the potentiometer.

If anyone could give any help to my (quite vague) problem it would be much appreciated.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

I am not sure where you are stuck at. You may have to measure the potentiometer voltage using the ADC and use that value to adjust the delay between LED blanks on the top level. If you are using the ADC app for the first time check the app info and the usage section in the document.

Vasanth_0-1641275634288.png

All these have pseudo code to you to get started with using the app.

Vasanth_1-1641275671506.png

I hope this has been helpful.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

I am not sure where you are stuck at. You may have to measure the potentiometer voltage using the ADC and use that value to adjust the delay between LED blanks on the top level. If you are using the ADC app for the first time check the app info and the usage section in the document.

Vasanth_0-1641275634288.png

All these have pseudo code to you to get started with using the app.

Vasanth_1-1641275671506.png

I hope this has been helpful.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes