Multiple trigger source in VADC Alias features

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User11509
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
I want to use Single shunt current to measure 2/3 phase current signal with VADC Alias features by XMC1302 device.
Due to this case , i want to use VADC Queue0 Group0 Channel0 & Channel5 by multiple triggering source, One trigger source for G0_Channel5 and one source for G0_Channel0.
But i didn't find any data in reference manual and other application note about multiple triggering source in Alias features.
How can i use alias feature?
Should i use 2 groups?
Thanks and best regards!
0 Likes
8 Replies
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
What is your trigger source? A PWM ?
0 Likes
User11509
Level 1
Level 1
Yes, I use CCU80.SR3 to trigger Queue0 (GxREQTRJ).
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Travis
Employee
Employee
Hi,

Attached is an example using VADC Group 1 for Channel 0 and Channel 5. This is trigger by a PWM at 10KHz. Maybe you can adapt this example to Group 0.
0 Likes
User11509
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks very much for your answer, i'll see your attached file and try to solve my problem.
0 Likes
User11509
Level 1
Level 1
I checked your file and that was good, but i forgot explain that sensor is connected to Ch5 and Ch0 is Ch5 Alias channel.
For example I want to trig Ch5 by rising edge and trig Ch0 (Ch5 Alias) with falling edge trigger and put results to separate result register due to trigger.
Ch5 and Ch0 (Alias Ch5) are using one pin and one sensor (Single shunt current).
In your attached file Ch0 and Ch5 use same trigger and will be sample in Queue list by same trigger.
May help me how can i use alias feature with one input channel by different trigger source (For example CR1 and CR2) ?
Thanks.
0 Likes
User11509
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Travis,
OK, Thank you very much for your answer.
But i think that by using one Queue trigger source and one Scan trigger source in one Group, although queue source has more priority, it may be executable, is that OK ?
Thanks.
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
Ali wrote:
Hi Travis,
OK, Thank you very much for your answer.
But i think that by using one Queue trigger source and one Scan trigger source in one Group, although queue source has more priority, it may be executable, is that OK ?
Thanks.

So sorry, it is my mistake and please ignore previous posting. In fact this is possible, we can have enable both channel 0 and channel 5 to wait for trigger from rising and falling edge respectively. And I will update an example for your testing.
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Travis
Employee
Employee
Hi, pls give this a try.
0 Likes