Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tom42
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

i'm missing some UI elements in ModusToolbox DeviceConfigurator (XMC4500) when using SPI with multiple slave select lines.

In my assumption, there have to be multiple SELO0..x lines in pin config when increasing "Number of Slave Select Lines Used", but it is still only one SELO-line configurable.

Number Of Slave Select LinesNumber Of Slave Select Lines

Slave Select Pin Config (missing 2 entries)Slave Select Pin Config (missing 2 entries)

Ending up in a code generator alert of connected hidden pins. It's totally clear why, but the UI limitation is a little bit frustrating.

dev_config_slave_select_lines_3.PNG

It is a bug or a feature?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

0 Likes
3 Replies
Maragani
25 solutions authored 10 likes received 100 replies posted

Hi @tom42 

You have to modify the Select control to coded then you can able to select the number of slave select lines in the MTB as showed below. Kindly modify and check.

Maragani_0-1712892112270.png

Can you please check the selected GPIO pad is assigned to any other peripheral usage. 

Thanks & Regards
Sateesh M

0 Likes
tom42
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi Sateesh,

it's not a question of "Direct" or "Coded" (or MTB "Codded" hopefully a typo only). I'm able to select a certain SELx line in "Direct"-Mode. But the fact ist, there are missing UI lines in the "Connections" Section in the case of multiple Slave select lines.

In my experience "Coded" is for extended GPIO slave-select additionally to SPI hardware supported SELx slave select. And finally it doesn't change anything in the "Connections" section.

Regards,

Thomas

0 Likes
Maragani
25 solutions authored 10 likes received 100 replies posted

hi @tom42 

Can we connect on call to understand the issue. Please let me know your available time to discuss.

Thanks
Sateesh M

0 Likes