Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
louishoppe
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First question asked First reply posted

Hello,

im trying to work with EEPROM on my XMC1300 Boot Kit.

I've downloaded the example Project and fired it up. Although it seems to work fine i can't find the "Memory Settings" tab in the properties menu. It says it should be there in the help for the EEPROM App. I want to check for overlapping memory usage of EEPROM and Flash. It is simply not there. 

Screenshot 2023-08-29 115423.png

Has this been moved or am i doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pradeep_PN
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @louishoppe ,

We understand your concern but the APP HELP is not updated with the latest versions of DAVE so you couldn't find the linker settings with the latest version of DAVE.

Your use case is not to overlap code memory with emulated EEPROM area.

You can achieve above use by directly  editing the linker_script.ld file.

If you open the .ld file you can see the memory section defined so base on your EEPROM address edit the linker script file.

For reference please refer to the below figure.

ppn_0-1693309900134.png

In the above file you can't find the end address of FLASH if you want to find the END address of flash you need to calculate it manually.

Hope this helps and let me know if you any any further queries.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Pradeep_PN

Hi @louishoppe ,

Please double click on the E_EEPROM APP and a tab will open and there you can find the memory settings.

Please refer to the below figure.

ppn_0-1693306674026.png

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

Hello Pradeep,

thank you for your answer. I already configured the EEPROM App. What im trying to do is avoiding overlap of the emulated EEPROM and Flash. This can be done like this according to the EEPROM App help under chapter "usage": 

Screenshot 2023-08-29 131005.png

The Problem is, i can't find this particular page "Memory settings" under Properties->C/C++ Build.

0 Likes
Pradeep_PN

Hi @louishoppe ,

We understand your concern but the APP HELP is not updated with the latest versions of DAVE so you couldn't find the linker settings with the latest version of DAVE.

Your use case is not to overlap code memory with emulated EEPROM area.

You can achieve above use by directly  editing the linker_script.ld file.

If you open the .ld file you can see the memory section defined so base on your EEPROM address edit the linker script file.

For reference please refer to the below figure.

ppn_0-1693309900134.png

In the above file you can't find the end address of FLASH if you want to find the END address of flash you need to calculate it manually.

Hope this helps and let me know if you any any further queries.

Best Regards
Pradeep.