MOSTAT.TXEN0 on XMC4800 CAN peripheral

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20456
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I'm working with XMC4800. I've configured a CANbus message object in reception. Sometimes, while my firmware is running, I find the bits TXEN0 and TXEN1 setted. I ask: are SETTXEN0 and SETTXEN1 the only way to set those bits? Or in some way the peripheral sets those bit autonomously? I suspect something related to remote frames, that I don't use, but I see running on the CANbus network (I use an analyzer to inspect the network).

Thank you

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @User20456 ,

As mentioned in the XMC 4700/4800 reference manual here, A message object is qualified for transmission on a CAN node if the following four conditions are met -
1. The message object is allocated to the message object list of the CAN node.
2. Bit MOSTATn.MSGVAL is set.
3. Bit MOSTATn.TXRQ is set.
4. Bit MOSTATn.TXEN0 and MOSTATn.TXEN1 are set.
Based on the above information, I assume that these bits are being set by the peripherals autonomously through the protocol. For more hands-on information on this, please follow MULTICAN_CONFIG_EXAMPLE_XMC47 code example, which is included with DAVE. This example shows transmission and reception of message objects using gateway and FIFO functionality of the MultiCAN+ peripheral in Loop-Back mode..

To check if the frame transmitted is remote frame or data frame, please check the RTR bit of the CAN frame using an analyser and update here. Please add here in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @User20456 ,

As mentioned in the XMC 4700/4800 reference manual here, A message object is qualified for transmission on a CAN node if the following four conditions are met -
1. The message object is allocated to the message object list of the CAN node.
2. Bit MOSTATn.MSGVAL is set.
3. Bit MOSTATn.TXRQ is set.
4. Bit MOSTATn.TXEN0 and MOSTATn.TXEN1 are set.
Based on the above information, I assume that these bits are being set by the peripherals autonomously through the protocol. For more hands-on information on this, please follow MULTICAN_CONFIG_EXAMPLE_XMC47 code example, which is included with DAVE. This example shows transmission and reception of message objects using gateway and FIFO functionality of the MultiCAN+ peripheral in Loop-Back mode..

To check if the frame transmitted is remote frame or data frame, please check the RTR bit of the CAN frame using an analyser and update here. Please add here in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita 

0 Likes