Leading edge blanking not working in XMC1300

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22355
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I am using the XMC1300 to control a Boost converter in PCC mode. I have started with the project 'BUCK_PCC_FIX_FQ_EXAMPLE_XMC13' as this uses DAVE apps and makes it easy to validate. I have the control working in open loop, i.e, changing duty changes the output as expected. However, in Closed loop current control, the PWM signals experience false switching at the start of the switching cycle. The control somewhat works at low input voltages but always mis-triggers at higher operating input voltages. Hence, I would like to implement LEB.

I have ticked the blanking option and set the blanking time. I see that there is difference in the CCU4 timer configuration. But this does not make any difference to its performance. I have attached the snapshot of the configuration in Dave and the waveform as seen on the scope.

User22355_0-1634996982920.png

The inductor current is represented in yellow while the Low side gate voltage is represented in Blue. Switching frequency is 100 kHz.

IMG_20211023_124139.jpg

I do not suppose any hardware modifications are required as the modules are internally connected. Is there something I have missed? Please let me know.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was able to improve the response by using the controller on the power PCB instead of using the XMC1300 bootkit as before. This helped in noise and hence improved performance. However, the blanking still does not work. I am attaching the waveforms of the Iref (in blue) and Inductor current (in yellow). It is seen that when the turn On spike is lower than the reference, the PWM output is as expected but when the spike exceeds the reference, the PWM is truncated.

User22355_1-1635830433955.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you let us know if you re-calculated the compensator parameters according the board selection?

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda.

I have modified the compensator parameters by considering,

Pole 0 @ 900 Hz

Pole 2 @ 25 kHz

zero @1 kHz

The final values of the coefficients are shown in the image below

User22355_0-1635229881715.png

Regards,

0 Likes

I was able to improve the response by using the controller on the power PCB instead of using the XMC1300 bootkit as before. This helped in noise and hence improved performance. However, the blanking still does not work. I am attaching the waveforms of the Iref (in blue) and Inductor current (in yellow). It is seen that when the turn On spike is lower than the reference, the PWM output is as expected but when the spike exceeds the reference, the PWM is truncated.

User22355_1-1635830433955.png

0 Likes