JLINK plus not working with XMCFlasher

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19304
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
Hello

I have purchased a JLINK plus compact having much hope that it would behave better that the cheaper Jlink OB found on XMCBootkit.
After much trouble with the XMCBootkit , now I am facing new problems with the JLINK plus.

First : JLINK Plus does not connect with the target using XMC Flasher tool
XMCBootkit which has JLINK OB can connect to the target (XMC1202)

Using Jlink.exe I can indeed connect to the target but I can not erase or halt or reset the target. With XMCFlasher I can.

XMCFlasher log gives the following output, when i access the BMI page from XMCFlasher with JLINK plus

INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.MainAppController-main: Logger Name: com.infineon.XMCFlasher.MainAppController
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerLibLoad-configureLoad: Not Found property: xmcFlasher.JLink.dllPath Searching in registry key
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerLibLoad-configureLoad: Setting property: bridj.JLinkARM.library to: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\JLink_x64.dll
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerLibLoad-configureLoad: Not Found property: xmcFlasher.JLink.dllPath Searching in registry key
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerLibLoad-configureLoad: Setting property: bridj.JLinkARM.library to: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\JLink_x64.dll
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerDLL-checkAvailabilityAndLoad: Loaded JLink DLL 6.88.a
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.MainAppController-start: Starting Application in process ...
WARNING-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.view.RootLayoutOverviewController-handleConnect: com.infineon.XMCFlasher.DebuggerExceptions: Error get BMI value

With the bootkit i can access BMI (get and set)
0 Likes
1 Solution
User19304
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
Hello
I have found the issue. Jlink via XMCFlasher can not access MCU content because BMI was set to ASC_BSL.
XMCBootkit can change BMI to SWD0, but Jlink Plus from Segger can not (at least not from XMCFlasher)
I have asked segger why is that , and they passed the problem to Infineon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi,

Could you please let us know how the you have connected the device and is the XMC1200 board is powered externally ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
User19304
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
Hello
I have found the issue. Jlink via XMCFlasher can not access MCU content because BMI was set to ASC_BSL.
XMCBootkit can change BMI to SWD0, but Jlink Plus from Segger can not (at least not from XMCFlasher)
I have asked segger why is that , and they passed the problem to Infineon.
0 Likes
ipek
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked
I know that the mcu that comes in the bootkits are already in SWD0 mode. But if you purchase a new mcu it is in ASC BSL mode. And you need to change its BMI by yourself.
Memtool can be used for that. But I saw in the segger's manuals that jlink plus changes the bmi to swd0 by default. I am suprised to hear it doesnt
0 Likes