Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
seanchen
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I install Dave in my Windows 11 VM with Parallel Desktop on a Macbook with M2 chip. It runs but when I plug in the KIT_XMC1X_AK_MOTOR_001 (with XMC1302) it can't find the card. In Device Manager I can see that the J-Link has no driver installed (see attached screenshot). I install Segger JLink for Windows ARM but it doesn't help. Is there any way to install J-Link driver for this card?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Pradeep_PN
250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi @seanchen ,

Can you please try the below steps in the below link where it is for macbook with M1 chip but can you please try this.

Link : https://wiki.segger.com/J-Link_in_Parallels_Desktop_for_Mac

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Thanks for the suggestion Pradeep. I tried to follow the instruction of that page but when I came to step 6 (Under USB Driver (Windows) select WinUSB) I was not able to select WinUSB as the option is disable (see attached screenshot). I tried it on an Intel chip Macbook too (Windows 10 in Parallel Desktop) and get the same result (it works on that Windows 10 VM though).

0 Likes
Pradeep_PN
250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi @seanchen ,

The J-Link Driver is working  in Windows 11.

But coming to your setup why it is not working  with parallel desktop, as it is a third party driver and it is difficult have your setup at our end to test it so it is out of scope .

So let me check internally and see anyone tried this setup.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes

Thanks Pradeep. I think it's just because the J-Link debugger on the board doesn't support WinUSB. I ordered an XMC Link Isolated Debug Probe but found that it doesn't support WinUSB either. I guess I will need to find one that support WinUSB.

0 Likes