Is there a way to rescue my processor from a reset deadlock

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RajeshEzrado
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I have a board with an XMC1400 MCU on it. It is a custom board with LEDs and buttons and so on. So I accidentally add a '''XMC_SCU_RESET_AssertMasterReset()''' line at the beginning of the code... This function cause xmc to reset but it doesn't just reset the program counter, it also clears everything and ends the debug connection. And since it happens so quickly I cannot reconnect before it resets again. For the one who doesn't know, when you load a program to the xmc, it gets written to the flash, and once it's loaded it will always run with power up. I know in some boards there are some pins used to clear to board when shorted but there is no such a thing in this one. There are however several bootstrap loaders(can and uart). But they are disabled by a flash parameter called BMI. I don't have much hope but is there a way to rescue this processor? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
1 Reply
Takashi_M
1000 replies posted 500 solutions authored 750 replies posted

It seems to be duplication with:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/XMC/Is-there-a-way-to-rescue-my-processor-from-a-reset-deadlock/m-...

Please refer to the above thread.

0 Likes