Information about XMC4108Q48K64BAXUMA1 programming and debug port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Hithesh
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi team, 

We are facing an issue regarding programming and debug port in  XMC4108Q48K64BAXUMA1 

Recently we are using this IC for designing. By observing in Evolution board we designed the debugging port. But we need to know that is there any dedicated pins for Debugging and programming.

Is any possibilities, We need a detail explanation of how the pins will work by using interfaces

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Hithesh ,

As per my understanding, to answer your query I have come across the below image for SWDIO/SWDCLK pins in XMC 4100 datasheet -

Aashita_Raj_0-1673807772685.png

As mentioned in page 24 of the datasheet, by Pn_HWSEL it is possible to select between different hardware “masters”(HWO0/HWI0). The selected peripheral can take control of the pin(s). Hardware control overrules settings in the respective port pin registers.

Also, please refer page 2151 of XMC 4100 reference manual regarding the different interfaces. Below is the image shared which explains the same -

Aashita_Raj_1-1673808085330.png

I hope this helps. Please feel free to add here in case of any further query or in case I am missing any information. We would be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Hithesh ,

As per my understanding, to answer your query I have come across the below image for SWDIO/SWDCLK pins in XMC 4100 datasheet -

Aashita_Raj_0-1673807772685.png

As mentioned in page 24 of the datasheet, by Pn_HWSEL it is possible to select between different hardware “masters”(HWO0/HWI0). The selected peripheral can take control of the pin(s). Hardware control overrules settings in the respective port pin registers.

Also, please refer page 2151 of XMC 4100 reference manual regarding the different interfaces. Below is the image shared which explains the same -

Aashita_Raj_1-1673808085330.png

I hope this helps. Please feel free to add here in case of any further query or in case I am missing any information. We would be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes