Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gargi1
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

hi Team, 

i am doing I2C communication in loopback mode and using example code I2C_slave_xmc4500 as a reference. 

i am facing problem in generating clock signal. by using I2C_Master_Transmit function only, i am no able to see any clock or data.

kindly support.

Thanks,

Gargi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pradeep_PN
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @gargi1 ,

Regarding hardware connections you need pull up for both SCL and SDA lines and pins that you need to use will depend on the USIC channel you are using.

There is I2C Master Slave example in MTB which is tested for XMC 4400 Platform2Go board you can refer to that and in the readme you can find the hardware connections.

Please refer to the below link.
Link : https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-xmc-i2c-master-slave

Please give me some time i am working on an reference example in DAVE and will share it with you as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Pradeep_PN

Hi @gargi1 ,

I see that your using loop back mode.

Can you please share the project so that i can go through it .

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Pradeep,

Master_i2c_slave. zip is my loopback project and i2c_2902 contains only transmit function for checking clock. please find both the attached projects.

In i2c_2902 i have some observation, I2C_MASTER_Transmit(&I2C_MASTER_0, true, 10, master_tx_data, DATA_COUNT, false);

when send start is true and send stop is false, the code is getting stuck at flag status and there is no clock.

also, when send start is false and send stop is true, the code is running properly still no clock generated.

can you please explain why it is happening and clock is not generated.

Thanks,

Gargi

0 Likes
gargi1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Pradeep,

can you also please suggest some hardware connections need to be done in xmc4400 evaluation kit for i2c communication.

Thanks,

gargi 

0 Likes
Pradeep_PN

Hi @gargi1 ,

Regarding hardware connections you need pull up for both SCL and SDA lines and pins that you need to use will depend on the USIC channel you are using.

There is I2C Master Slave example in MTB which is tested for XMC 4400 Platform2Go board you can refer to that and in the readme you can find the hardware connections.

Please refer to the below link.
Link : https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-xmc-i2c-master-slave

Please give me some time i am working on an reference example in DAVE and will share it with you as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes
gargi1
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks Pradeep, I2C is working for me 

Gargi

0 Likes