How to change BMI for xmc1302xT038X200 IC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rakesh_rp
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

hi,

I am  using new xmc1302xT038X200 IC on a customized logic board. I want to change the BMI to User Mode (Debug) SWD0.

First I tried to  get BMI of xmc1300 using DAVE IDE. I got the issue shown below. Failed to resolve the issue .

Rakesh_rp_0-1652174193987.png Rakesh_rp_2-1652174783320.png

INFINEON MEMTOOL

I installed Infineon MEMTOOL to change BMI , but it is showing connection not established . I  spend whole day to resolve by following the Infineon tutorial pdf for MEMTOOL , but failed to resolve the issue  . Below is the screenshot

Rakesh_rp_1-1652174632231.png

INFINEON XMC FLASHER

I used XMC flasher  to change BMI. I am not able to  change Debug type  to SEGGER.  

Rakesh_rp_3-1652177408401.png

CAN ANYBODY SUGGEST A WORKING  METHOD TO CHANGE BMI .  We are using xmc1302xT038X200  for onboard charger PFC stage. 

Regards,

RAKESH

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

The issue is resolved. It was an administration access issue. The emulator access was denied. So XMC flasher couldn't  access the emulator.

Regards ,

RAKESH

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Rakesh,

Are you using on-board jlinker on the kit or an extenral jlinker at your end?

Best Regards,
Vasanth 

0 Likes

Thanks for replying,

We are using external XMC j-link  SEGGER V1.1.

Rakesh_rp_0-1652246542117.png

Regards,

rakesh

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hey Rakesh,

Make sure your target device is also powered separately when you are connecting the device using JLINK. Most probably your target might not be powered.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

Thanks for replying,

The target device and JLINK is powered up separately . Still we cannot change the BMI. 

If  the BMI is not   changed  from ASC BSL mode   to  SWD0 mode  we cannot flash any code.  

Expecting a reply soon.

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Rakesh,

Could you please let us know the connection between the devices? Do you have a bootkit or any other XMC kits with On board Jlink and see if that also faces the same issue ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

Hi,

The issue is resolved. It was an administration access issue. The emulator access was denied. So XMC flasher couldn't  access the emulator.

Regards ,

RAKESH

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for sharing the issue with the community. This could be helpful to our fellow engineers facing similar issues.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes