Help with ADC App

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
currently I have the following analog signals connected to the following pins:

P14.4, P14.5, P14.15 and P15.2.

I would like to sample all the ADC signals, I can do three at a time. P14.4, P14.5 and P14.15.

Is it possible to get a setup to sample all these analog signal using different ADC Apps or configurations?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
I don't think XMC4 has parallel sample and hold.
Check out the aliasing feature. Or sample on same pin sequentially in averaging / filter mode?
0 Likes
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
I was referring that I can use the ADC001 Dave App to sample 4 signals from different ADC Groups. Unfortunately I have two signals that belongs to the same group.
0 Likes
AndreasG
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 5 replies posted Welcome!
Three of your listed channels are linked to group G2 (P14.4, P14.5, P15.2), of which two can also be converted with G0. The fourth is mapped to G1 (P14.15). So, to be able to convert on all four groups, you would have to remap one of the channels from a pin/port of G2 to one connected to G3 (P14.8, P14.9, P15.[15:8]).
0 Likes
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
Hi

How should I remap one pin from group 2 to group 3. Are you referring like soldering the signal from that pin to another? I want to avoid that
0 Likes
AndreasG
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 5 replies posted Welcome!
Yes, that was my suggestion.
If that is not an option, you may try a slightly more complex conversion scheme, as already suggested by the CleverOne.

With the accumulation you could do a scheme like this: on the same converter convert two channels in an A-B-B-A pattern with an an equidistant timing between the measurements:
t0: A
t1: B
t2: B
t3: A
That can be a sequence of back-to-back conversions, or from a timed trigger. Using the accumulation feature of the ADC this will give you a value for channel A and B as you would have theoretically measured at "t1.5", basically in the middle between t1 and t2.
For the remaining two channels on different converters, you could either setup a timed trigger to do one measurement at that time, or you link them to one or both of the other channels, e.g. convert C and D parallel to B, and do also two accumulated measurements. That way after the second conversion of channel A you have accumulated results for all four channels for the same "virtual" conversion time.
0 Likes