FATFS/SDMMC with ECAT resource problem?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KirkMSutherland
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I'm using the ETHCAT_SSC_XMC48 example and I tried to add the FATFS app and used code from the FATFS example project. Unfortunately, f_open only returns XMC_SDMMC_CMD_TIMEOUT_ERR, no matter what I do. SD mode, SPI mode, configuration shuffling, nothing works, I either get the same timeout error or I get a hard fault. DAVE APP validates the configuration but there is clearly something wrong with the resource usage. The FATFS example and the ETHCAT example both work fine in their own projects.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hey,

Some pins used by EtherCAT overlap with those needed by SDMMC. Hence, you observe these two peripherals to work separately but not with each other.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Kirk,

Can you share the pin assignments too ? So that we can re-create the issue at our end ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth R S

0 Likes

I'm using the EtherCAT Relax kit with the ETHCAT_SSC_XMC48 example code from https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/dave_downloads.html , I haven't done anything with the pin assignments.

0 Likes

Has there been any developments?

0 Likes
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hey,

Some pins used by EtherCAT overlap with those needed by SDMMC. Hence, you observe these two peripherals to work separately but not with each other.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes