External Interupts

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
A prior poster asked about External Interrupts. The Infineon reply was that they would be available in March.

I need to connect an external pin to respond to an external service request. Is this possible? The Sample Apps for ERU001/2 do not seem to use external pin inputs..

Do you have any suggestions for configuring manually if Dave cannot do it now?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi danbeadle,

Yes, it is possible to have external interrupt using the pin and this can be done using DAVE3.
This can be done by using IO002, ERU001, ERU002 and NVIC002 apps.
First, you need to find pins with ERU0 input functionality such as P2.6 (ERU0.1B3). Use IO002 to configured this pin.
Then, configured in ERU001 for input event request (i.e. for P2.6, it will be input B) and the trigger logic (falling edge or rising edge).
Next, connect the signal connection from IO002 pad signal to the ERU001 signal B input.
Then, from ERU001 to ERU002 for the Flag Status Output and Trigger Pulse Output.
Next, from ERU002 connect the Gated Trigger Output to NVIC002.
Attached the signal connection screenshot.
116.attach

After configured the signal connection, setup your NVIC002 and place your interrupt handler.
With these configred, you should be able to get an external interrupt via external pin.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Is it also possible to make an external pin triggering based on the level not only on edges? I mean as long as level is high for example, interrupts are generated again and again, till level is low.

I neither found something in the manual nor some possibility in dave.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Christian,

The interrupt is a pulse trigger and ERU will only trigger the pulse when detecting the changes in the edge.
Perhaps you can let us know how is your application or hwat you would like to do so that we could think of some solution?
0 Likes