Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MoRo
Employee
Employee
10 likes given First like received 5 questions asked

Hi,

I have a XMC45 Relax Kit and I need to know how to implement Ethernet_Client (UDP, TCP does not matter) communication in ModusToolBox with BSP library. 

My target is to control some digital outputs from Ethernet communication via a PC(as a server) to send a command through Ethernet and controlling I/O of XMC.

In addition, I do not know why, when I am creating new application in ModusToolBox with XMC45 Relax kit, "cyhal.h" library is not recognized?

I will be thankful if somebody can help me with a source or samples regarding that implementation.

Best regards,

Mo

0 Likes
1 Solution
sujatapatil
10 likes received 100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi MoRO ,

I checked internally which confirmed that there is no support for Ethernet in MTB for XMC4xxx devices.  So we can not create ethernet example with XMC4xxx devices. Suggested to use DAVE application shared before.

Thanks

Sujata

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
sujatapatil

Hi Mo,

We are able to see build error after adding ethernet library in mtb.  I am working with internal team to resolve the issue. Shall keep you posted on this.

If you are comfortable working with DAVE instead MTB we have code example for your requirement. Below is link where you will find examples for http server .

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/dave_downloads.html

Thanks
Sujata

0 Likes
MoRo
Employee
Employee
10 likes given First like received 5 questions asked

Hi Sujata,

It is really interesting that #include <xmc_ecat.h> should work for XMC4000 families which is true, except of XMC45, I tried that for XMC48 and MTB built without any error. So, The only issue is related to the XMC45.

I would like to work with MTB instead of DAVE. but I will read content of DAVE sample maybe I will find a chance to provide a specific ETH_lib for XMC45 in MTB.

Thank you for your attention and look forward to hearing you if you solve issue.

Best regards,

Mo

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi Mo,

I am working on it , will keep posted on this.

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi MoRO,

just to update you that i am able to port ethernet stack in MTB , may need need couple of week  to share with you . I am planning simple http server which might helpful for you . You can expect it by end of this month.

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi MoRO ,

I checked internally which confirmed that there is no support for Ethernet in MTB for XMC4xxx devices.  So we can not create ethernet example with XMC4xxx devices. Suggested to use DAVE application shared before.

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes