Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
The XMC4300 has a getting started now, located here. Much easier than porting the XMC4800 Slave App.
I have gotten through the setting it up in Dave & the SSC tool and it is running in Debug. The problem is in TwinCat3, when I scan for the device it Shows up as Box1(P00000000 R000000000)
and doesn't have the EtherCAT logo beside the device. I am wondering if it may be caused by using a Realtek PCIE GBE Family NIC instead of an Intel Card. As I follow the steps, the device
does queue frames, and when in Free Run state it cycles. But the run light on the XMC4300 Relax never goes solid. When I try to force it out of PREOP state and into OP state, it errors. Button
presses do nothing at any step. Any ideas?

Dave Screenshot

TwinCat Screenshot
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
It wasn't my NIC, got a new Intel NIC and problem persisted. After more digging I realized the XML saving location is different TC2 Vs TC3.

There are some errors in the TWINCAT3 Portion of the XMC4300_Relax_EtherCAT_APP_Slave_SSC_Example_V2.1.pdf

Pg 21:
Step 9 describes process for TC2, no mention of differing steps for TC3.
9 Check the availability of the ESI-file and download to the host by these 3 steps:
1. Stop TwinCAT System Manager
2. Copy the ESI file to your TwinCAT2 installation C:\TwinCAT\Io\EtherCAT or your TwinCAT3 installation C:\TwinCAT\3.x\Config\Io\EtherCAT
3. Restart TwinCAT System Manager to start re-work of the device description cache.

Pg. 47: Right Click I/O-Devices and select „Add New Item…“
Just a nitpick, the image is correct, descriptive text is incorrect.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Whoever made the corrections, thank you. Page 21 and 22 are duplicates now though.
0 Likes
MichaelIFX
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
jkennedy wrote:
Whoever made the corrections, thank you. Page 21 and 22 are duplicates now though.

Hi jkennedy,
thanks for your input!
0 Likes