EEPROM XMC11 Error Handling

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Andi_H
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hello,

i have sometimes problems with the EEPROM (4.1.10) App.

The return values from "E_EEPROM_XMC1_Write" or "E_EEPROM_XMC1_Read" are defined here:
2513.attach

how i need to handle with this marked errors? There are an workaround?

It would be nice when somebody can share his experience with this app.

Best regards
Andi
0 Likes
3 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi Andi,

Before calling the mentioned functions make use of E_EEPROM_XMC1_GetStatus(). If the returned value is E_EEPROM_XMC1_BUSY, you should wait until the busy status is gone before trying to write to flash.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
Andi_H
Employee
Employee
Hey Jesus,

thanks for the answer.But i have some more questions:

1. in case of "E_EEPROM_XMC1_OPERATION_STATUS_FAILURE" --> i have to make a "E_EEPROM_XMC1_Init" again ??

2. in case of "E_EEPROM_XMC1_OPERATION_STATUS_NOT_ALLOWED " --> whats going wrong? What i have to do in this case? New Init or something like else?

3. in case of "E_EEPROM_XMC1_OPERATION_STATUS_INCONSISTENT_BLOCK" --> call "E_EEPROM_XMC1_GetPreviousData" ??

I hope my questions are now more understandable.

best regards

Andi
0 Likes
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
Different Error codes would need different handles. Some error codes are only designed to give you some hint about the possible problem. The failure status would have been caused by many problems. In some situations, you could not just re-initialize the driver to get a fix.
It is the debugging time.
0 Likes