Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

its me again 🙂 As you know I'm currently working on a bootloader. I've created my own protocol between the bootloader and my windows application.
I've noticed that the UART Receive function provided from the Dave4 App is not very reliable. My windows application sends two bytes which the XMC receives correctly.
The MCU then sends a response. After the response my windows application sends 4 Bytes. When 4 bytes are received the XMC should jump into an if statement. When i pause the debugging the XMC only received zeros and not the 4 bytes that were sent.
When I'm sending different 4 Bytes after that, then the xmc receives a part of the previous 4 bytes and part of the actual 4 bytes.

Do I have to free the rx buffer before receiving new data over uart?

thanks for your help.
0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi,

You can use try this example for UART. I am using Dockligh (Just like hyper terminal) which you can download from the below link

http://docklight.de/

After docklight is installed, you can port the setup configuration from the below folder.
......XMC4500_ApplicationKit_v2\Tools\Docklight
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Travis,

Thank you. I will try it out as soon as i can and will report how it went down.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Still not working. Maybe I should post a detailed problem description in den dave forum. maybe something with my uart dave app configuration is wrong.
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
RoLaCom wrote:
Still not working. Maybe I should post a detailed problem description in den dave forum. maybe something with my uart dave app configuration is wrong.

Come on.. 😉

It's should work.

- Check if you plug into the correct USB.
- Open up device drive and check the assigned COM port
- At docklight or hyper terminal select the right COM port and baud rate configuration.

1895.attach
0 Likes