Dave IDE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rakesh_rp
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I was trying to debug a code which was  developed in older version of DAVE IDE and I don't know which DAVE IDE version was used, a lot of DAVE apps is used in the code .  Now when I tried to debug this  code  in DAVE-IDE-4.4.2-64Bit version  I am facing hardfault exception  state.  Should I use the same DAVE IDE version which was used to develop this code ? If yes how to find out in which version it will work fine . There is no compilation error. The Hardfault exception state  occurs  during   DAVE App  initialization. I am using cortex M0 , xmc1402 microcontroller.

Please don't send the below link

https://www.embedded.com/debugging-hard-faults-in-arm-cortex-m0-based-socs/

Because It does not solve my issue .

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Rakesh,

Meanwhile to answer your other question, to understand the Dave version used to create the project check the following file.

In the .settings folder, the file com.dave.mbs.xc800.prefs, contains an entry about the DAVE version

USED_DAVE_VERSIONS=<version number>

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vasanth

Hi Rakesh,

I remember in the previous thread I suggested to check stepping on code to understand what portion of the code was causing the hard-fault ? Have you been able to do that ? Is there anything preventing you from doing that ? You can step over each line and see at what point the hard-fault is triggered. If it is a function call, step inside and see and at what point the hard-fault is triggered. This will give us a better idea what is going wrong.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Rakesh,

Meanwhile to answer your other question, to understand the Dave version used to create the project check the following file.

In the .settings folder, the file com.dave.mbs.xc800.prefs, contains an entry about the DAVE version

USED_DAVE_VERSIONS=<version number>

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes