DAVE IDE crashes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jeroen
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Dear Community,

I am trying to use the DAVE IDE on my MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey (version 12.4) which has the Apple M1 Pro chip. To use DAVE, I installed Windows 11 on my Mac using Parallels. However, when I try to run DAVE from within Parallels, it crashes on startup or just after startup. My colleague who has a setup which is identical to mine is experiencing the same problem.

Is there a way to run DAVE IDE on my MacBook?

Thank you!

Jeroen

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Jeroen,

The Dave IDE expects 4GB RAM(recommended) on the system. Could you try increasing the RAM on your virtual machine and try if the behavior is different.

Best Regards,

Vasanth

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vasanth

Hi Jeroen,

Unfortunately Dave IDE is expected to work with Windows OS. ModusToolbox support for XMC is coming up, and that have MaC OS compatiability.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

Jeroen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vasanth,

I am running Windows 11 on my Mac using Parallels (virtualisation). However, Dave IDE still crashes within the virtual machine.

Best regards,

Jeroen

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Jeroen,

The Dave IDE expects 4GB RAM(recommended) on the system. Could you try increasing the RAM on your virtual machine and try if the behavior is different.

Best Regards,

Vasanth

Jeroen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vasanth,

Thank you very much! Increasing the RAM on my virtual machine has solved the problem! Additional note: I increased the RAM to 8 GB. The virtual machine automatically allocated "4 CPUs, 6 GB RAM (up to 3 GB for graphics)", which was not sufficient.

Best regards,

Jeroen

0 Likes