Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I am about to start a new uC project with a XMC 4500 Relax kit!

I want to measure the current and voltage (output and input) of a powerplant.

For voltage measuring, i'll need 6 ADCs
* battery voltage of my gelsolarbatteries
* charging voltage of my solar charging modules from each my of two panels
* charging voltage of the DC windturbine
* external battery charging voltage
* 12V AC/DC converter powersupply voltage

for current measuring i'll need another 6 ADCs
* load current of my batteries
* charging current from each of my two solarchargingmodules
* charging current of my windturbine
* external battery charging current
* 12V AC/DC converter load current

I also want to swith I/O Pins with a connected powerrelay/mosfet or regulate some voltagelevels via PWM and powermosfets

Has anyone some good working resistors or shunts used with a board like this becouse that will spare me some searchingtime online!

I do want to display the measured values on a homepage wich I want to access from my home network. Data should be collected to draw some weekly diagrams and send them to my mail adress. Do you think I am able to get this to run?

Switching all the I/Os should also be possible from this homepage to manually controll this "powerplant".

Some basic infomation at the end: voltage levels from 0-20V DC max
Currents up to 40Amps DC max
0 Likes
3 Replies
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi,

I might not be able to help you on the hardware design. But I can advise you on the ADC and Ethernet which you can display the measured values on a home page.

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
Not applicable
I was doing some adc examples but i recogniced that the ADC apps only work if ure in the environment of a infineon example program if i start my own infineon projekt the Apps just dont work is there any solution or can u show me how to program the adc without the aps couse the webserver app isnt working on dave 4 right now right? So ill use dave 3 and i want to write the code without apps
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
stefan.kerstner.e1425645 wrote:
I was doing some adc examples but i recogniced that the ADC apps only work if ure in the environment of a infineon example program if i start my own infineon projekt the Apps just dont work is there any solution or can u show me how to program the adc without the aps couse the webserver app isnt working on dave 4 right now right? So ill use dave 3 and i want to write the code without apps

Hi,

U can refer to this example which is using the low level drivers.

http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/3373-XMC4000_HOT-How-to-do-VADC-Queue-source-synchronous-conve...
0 Likes