Control system design

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rakesh_rp
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I am trying to implement Proportional integral  (PI ) and proportional integral derivative  (PID)  control system for voltage control and current control for PFC stage in onboard EV charger. What are the steps that needs to be taken while designing PI and PID controller and implementing it in the  PFC code . I am using xmc1300 development board for PFC . I am using DAVE IDE for code development. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
3 Replies
psb
250 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hello @Rakesh_rp ,

Thanks for contacting us. 
    Can you please share the exact details of the board and also the code to look into so that we can get back to you quickly. 
Please refer to some of the design specific system level information (like block diagram, state machine, interconnects, control scheme, etc) in https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Application_Power_Conversion_Power_Factor_Correction_%28PFC%2... .

Regarding the steps to be taken for designing PI and PID controllers, it depends on the system for which it is being used. Since it is a digital control, the corresponding transfer functions will depend on the processor and the firmware being used.  Request you to share the exact details of the board and code, so that we can get back with the implementation process.

Thanks,
Sai

Best Regards,
Sai
0 Likes
Rakesh_rp
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Thanks for replying,

I am using XMC1302-T038x0200 development board.  I have used a general PI controller equation in code. 

Rakesh_rp_1-1642746175751.png

I am a beginner in PI control design. I don't know what steps  I should take.  Can you give an example of pi control design which includes finding the transfer function of a circuit,  taking z transform, converting it into an equation which can be used in the  code.

0 Likes