Compatibility and Protocol Selection for Upgrading FPGA Board with EtherCAT Port and XMC4300 Controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Aniket_
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins First like given

Dear Community Members,

I'm seeking guidance on upgrading my FPGA board, which currently features a Spartan 6 FPGA and a Cypress FX3 as a slave controller, to incorporate an EtherCAT port and an XMC4300 controller. My primary concern is ensuring compatibility between the XMC4300 controller and the Spartan 6 FPGA, as well as selecting the appropriate protocol to facilitate communication between the two for achieving a speed of 100 Mbps.

Could anyone provide insights into whether the XMC4300 slave controller is compatible with the Spartan 6 FPGA? Additionally, what protocol should be used to establish a reliable connection between them while maintaining a high speed of 100 Mbps?

Furthermore, I've been utilizing loopback master-slave communication between the FX3 and Spartan 6 for high-speed data transfer. If there are any suggestions for alternative EtherCAT slave controllers that might better suit the Spartan 6 FPGA, I would greatly appreciate the recommendations.

Lastly, Include any relevant links to datasheets, software tools, or community resources that may aid in addressing the query

I would appreciate any suggestions regarding the required software and datasheet links or names pertinent to this upgrade.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input and guidance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
sujatapatil
250 replies posted 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi @Aniket_ 

Your query is been responded in below thread , please use  below thread for your queries/doubts.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/XMC/Inquiry-Regarding-Compatibility-and-Communication-Protocol-for...

Thanks

Sujata

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
sujatapatil
250 replies posted 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi @Aniket_ 

Your query is been responded in below thread , please use  below thread for your queries/doubts.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/XMC/Inquiry-Regarding-Compatibility-and-Communication-Protocol-for...

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes