Announcements

Ever wondered how you could shape the future in collaboration with others? Join us at OktoberTech Asia Pacific and get inspired. Click here to sign up FREE of charge.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

XMC™ Forum Discussions

autoUser
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted
Level 1

Dear community members,

I have a question according to "OSC_ULP Oscillator Watchdog (ULPWDG)" in chapter 11.6.9.1 in Reference Manual V3.6 of XMC4500 family.

I see that "In case of external crystal failure the clock source switches automatically to the Internal
Slow Clock Source generating f_OSI.".

I just want to ask you whether there is a possibility to check if the internal slow clock source is in use instead of the external crystal. I assumed the SCU.HDCR.RCS bit changes automatically on failure of external crystal but it does not. Is there maybe any bit I can read out for that purpose?

Thanks!

Best regards,

autoUser

0 Likes
3 Replies
ncbs
Moderator 50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @autoUser,

Could you let us know the source of your external clock supply? Can you let us know the tolerance value of the same?

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
autoUser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @ncbs,

we use a 32.768 kHz external clock with a input voltage range from 1.6 to 3.6 V. The tolerance is +-25 ppm.

Regards,

autoUser

0 Likes
autoUser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @ncbs,

I didn't hear anything over the last weeks. Do you have any new information for me please?
Thanks.

Regards,
autoUser

0 Likes