CAN Transmission not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nagwekar
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi,

I am using the XMC4500 Relax Kit Lite.

I attached P1.4 and P1.5 to the Tx and Rx pin of the transceiver. But I get no output on the oscilloscope at P1.4 and P1.5.

I have added CAN_NODE_0 app and in the MO Settings I have a Tx and Rx Message type.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @nagwekar ,

Since there is no activity on the CAN bus it's clear that communication is not happening. It can be because of multiple reasons.

Are you using any working example for testing? If not it might a code related issue.

Can you check our CAN code examples and check if that is working at your end.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/dave_downloads.html

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi @Alakananda_BG ,

The CAN example works as the LED glows.

But when I switch off the loopback mode and assign CAN NODE 0 the Tx and Rx pin, there is no output on the oscilloscope.

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @nagwekar ,

• To migrate from loopback mode to physical pins, it can be checked if all the pin configurations are properly configured for CAN TX, RX modes.
  • You can also check if the pins are connected with a transceiver in between or without a transceiver.
  • If they are connected with the transceiver connection would be as shown belowAlakananda_BG_0-1657252789295.png

• If there is no transceiver involved. The connection would need to be as shown belowAlakananda_BG_1-1657252851661.png

You can follow the below steps for testing

i) configure the pins properly as required for CAN,

ii) remove the loopback mode configuration.

Then do the following tests

a) Have a transceiver connected to the transmitting CAN node and check with a CAN analyzer.

b) Check the TX and RX lines of transmitting lines using Saleae and decode using inbuilt Saleae CAN analyzer and check if the CAN transmission is proper.

c) Connect the two CAN nodes via transceiver and check the behavior.

Regards,

Alakananda