Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bandarikarthik
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 100 sign-ins First like given

Hello expert!!

I am doing CAN communication protocol between XMC4400platform2go kit and XMC1404Boot Kit in DAVE4 IDE 

let me Tell you what cases I have tried 

Keeping XMC4400 as message type TX i.e Logical message Object (LMO_01) in APP Dependency and XMC1404 as  As message type RX i.e Logical message Object (LMO_01) in APP Dependency  I was successful. I can see the what and data that I have sent from XMC4400 in XMC1404boot kit (Watch expressions) while debugging I have successfully received 8 bytes of Data in my XMC1404Boot kit .

tried  same concept Vice versa  i was successful

I need you're  Guidance for what i would like to implement 

First

Xmc4400 transmit id 0x123  to xmc1404 boot kit,  upon receiving 0x123 from xmc4400  the xmc1404  should transmit 0x456 to xmc4400 I want to see 0x456 in my watch expression 

please help me to Configure logical message objects TX and RX in XMC4400 and XMC1404 because the CAN node APP dependency shows only either Tx or Rx for a particular CAN node Configuration please guide me i just want to know these few steps  regarding different parameters for configuration I have an idea...

I have used Auto generated code API's from DAVE4  IDE  

below I post a screen shot which was in DAVE IDE its valid for XMC4400 and XMC1404 

just watch message type Tab which has only Tx or RX 

NOTE : No interrupts used .

I want a solution With out CAN interrupts ( I mean Polling method)

Dear members I need you're response please help me 

Bandari Karthik Kumar
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Karthik,

Please refer the appnote for quick code references of mulit-can block, https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AP32300_XMC_MultiCAN-AN-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d462557e6e89...

Now are you trying to define another message object for the rx operation ? General settings  in the app view has option to increase the number of message objects.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Karthik,

Please refer the appnote for quick code references of mulit-can block, https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AP32300_XMC_MultiCAN-AN-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d462557e6e89...

Now are you trying to define another message object for the rx operation ? General settings  in the app view has option to increase the number of message objects.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Dear Vasanth, 

Thank you so much for you're  Guidance I have founded the number of message object list and i have kept it as 2  and found the MO settings Page_1 there Logical MO were Updated with 2.

Below ill share you the screen shots

once ill complete  total project CAN communication between XMC4400 and XMC1404 Ill get back to you .

regards,

Karthik.

Bandari Karthik Kumar
0 Likes

Dear @Vasanth ,

thank you for your  response i have sucesfully completed the CAN communiction protocol between XMC4400 and XMC 1404 

regards 

Karthik

Bandari Karthik Kumar
0 Likes