Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rhohentanner
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I have a CAN Object setup the following way:

Rhohentanner_0-1704312736653.png

For some reason the object is accepting and causing an interrupt for messages with a CAN ID of 0x2C3. From what I've read in the manual, this object should accept messages with an ID of 0x240. What am I not understanding? I'm new to Full CAN, I've only used Basic CAN in the past.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pradeep_PN
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @Rhohentanner ,

Apologies  for the delayed response.

Can you please try changing the Acceptance MASK to Matching IDE that is change " .can_ide_mask = 1U "

Best Regards
Pradeep.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Rhohentanner ,

I would like to have more insights into your issue. If possible, can you please share your project with us?

Also, which device are you using? Are there any other message objects with ID as 0X2C3 in your project?

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
Hello Aashita,

I am using the XMC4108. I inherited this project from another group, unfortunately I am can't share the whole thing. I have 1 transmit object and 7 receive objects setup. The 7 receive object have the following CAN_ID's associated with them: 0x240, 0x300, 0x80, 0x2C2, 0xC2, 0x182 and 0x42, they all have their mask set to 0x7FF and are setup for standard 11 bit CAN ID's. I will also share the CAN ISR portion that is responsible for determining which object caused the interrupt, but the way I understand the manual, an interrupt shouldn't even be generated unless the incoming CAN message matches one of the CAN objects.

Thanks,
Rob

[cid:image001.png@01DA3EE6.8A569060]

Robert Hohentanner | Sr. Embedded Firmware Eng. | Fluid & Motion Control
Emerson Automation Solutions | 46280 Dylan Drive | Novi | MI | 48377
Office: T 248 596 3247
robert.hohentanner@emerson.com
www.asco.com<>
0 Likes
Pradeep_PN
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @Rhohentanner ,

Apologies  for the delayed response.

Can you please try changing the Acceptance MASK to Matching IDE that is change " .can_ide_mask = 1U "

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes