BUCK_PCC_FIX_FQ for XMC1402

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22355
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I would like to use the XMC1402 for PCC of my converter as it has slightly better PWM resolution and CAN support. However, I see that the DAVE app BUCK_PCC_FIX_FQ is not compatible with the XMC1400. Is there any restriction with XMC1400 that prevents this?

Is manually porting from XMC1300 code to XMC1400 a possible solution for this limitation?

Regards,

Tarun

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Unfortunately “BUCK_PCC_FIX_FQ” is not  supported in XMC14. Similar support may come up in future versions of XMC device supprot(MTB), but in Dave chances of supporting this is less.

But there is a workaround for the problem. Basically you can refer to another example project, “BUCK PCC DIGITAL POWER EXPLORER XMC13”, this is not built around the wrapper app “BUCK_PCC_FIX_FQ” , but rather limited to “COMP_REF”, “PWM_CCU8”, “ADC_MEASUREMENT_ADV” and “INTERRUPT”. It does exactly the same job.

Mentioned apps are supporting XMC14 and yes, it has to be a manual porting.

If selecting the same package TSSOP-38, porting is really straight forward since pins are mapped on this package in the same way.

I hope this helps to solve your issue.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Vasanth

Hi Tarun,

Are you using the latest version  of Dave ? If not get, the latest version of the tool from here. What exactly is the issue you face while using BUCK_PCC_FIX_FQ  app in XMC1400 device ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth 

0 Likes

Hi Vasanth,

The app does not support XMC1400 devices. I am using the latest version of DAVE and the app. The screenshot for the support of various families for DAVE APPs release notes is attached.

User22355_1-1643094259376.png

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi,

Unfortunately “BUCK_PCC_FIX_FQ” is not  supported in XMC14. Similar support may come up in future versions of XMC device supprot(MTB), but in Dave chances of supporting this is less.

But there is a workaround for the problem. Basically you can refer to another example project, “BUCK PCC DIGITAL POWER EXPLORER XMC13”, this is not built around the wrapper app “BUCK_PCC_FIX_FQ” , but rather limited to “COMP_REF”, “PWM_CCU8”, “ADC_MEASUREMENT_ADV” and “INTERRUPT”. It does exactly the same job.

Mentioned apps are supporting XMC14 and yes, it has to be a manual porting.

If selecting the same package TSSOP-38, porting is really straight forward since pins are mapped on this package in the same way.

I hope this helps to solve your issue.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

Hi Vasanth,

Thank you for the clarification. I have seen the BUCK PCC DIGITAL POWER EXPLORER XMC13 but was unable to find the implementation for leading edge blanking which I need. So, I decided not to go ahead with that. Anyways, I will re-look into that and port it to the XMC1400.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi,

Leading Edge blanking is a feature not supported by XMC13 and, more in general, by XMC1xxx family.

This is because of simplicity of XMC1xxx comparator peripheral.

It is, instead, implemented on XMC4xxx comparator where you can set “Filtering/blanking/clamping” options.

How to overcome the situation with XMC13.

On the Digital Power Explorer Kit there is an HW workaround together with an extra pin of the XMC13:

Vasanth_0-1643796610160.png

On the current sensing path there is an option to set the line low by means of BUCK0_PWM_BLANKING.

Basically during the defined LEB time (Leading Edge Blanking time) BUCK0_PWM_BLANKING will be low, so that the current feedback BUCK0_ISENSE (input of the comparator) will also be “0”, therefore preventing any comparator mis-triggering events due to diode current injection.

After LEB time, BUCK0_PWM_BLANKING has to be released. I hope you find this helpful.

Best Regards,
Vasanth 

0 Likes

Hi Vasanth,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.  I will try to implement LEB as per your suggestions.

Regards,

Tarun

0 Likes