BLDC motor jerking at Initial condition

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,
I am using XMC1302 in electric vehicle bldc motor control application. I am using Hall sensor based trapezoidal control.

These are the problems we are facing at vehicle level testing:
1. With long ramp up time vehicle was unable to climb small heights and also it was not able to come from pot hole
2. With short ramp up time we observing initial jerking’s
3. Our controller torque was not high (or torque ripple was more) as compared with the competitors.

Please share me if any body knows the algorithm which we need to use for this type of applications.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Funmix
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
ashokchakravarthi wrote:
Hi,
I am using XMC1302 in electric vehicle bldc motor control application. I am using Hall sensor based trapezoidal control.

These are the problems we are facing at vehicle level testing:
1. With long ramp up time vehicle was unable to climb small heights and also it was not able to come from pot hole
2. With short ramp up time we observing initial jerking’s
3. Our controller torque was not high (or torque ripple was more) as compared with the competitors.

Please share me if any body knows the algorithm which we need to use for this type of applications.

Hi,

A few question to clarify:
1. Are you using DAVE apps? Which apps are you using?
2. Can you explain how to you configure long/short ramp up time vehicle via DAVE Apps? Which control technique scheme are you using?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi

Even I'm facing the similar problem. I used BLDCBCH03 app for speed control. I used adaptive hall pattern detection.
There is a initial jerking and then the motor stops.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi smriti,

It is easier if we combine all the related question to a single thread.
Hence, we will continue this topic at this thread:
http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/2061-Bldc-control-using-XMC1300
0 Likes