Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Amit10
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Sir, 

I have bought KIT_XMC1X_AK_MOTOR_001 but when I am trying to run my motor it is showing a short circuit error on the micriup GUI and I dont know how could I rectify this error.

Could you guide me how could I can rectify this error.  Currently, I am running  BLDC_SCALAR_HALL_XMC13_uCProbe code but my motor is not able to start.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @Amit10,

From the above observation we can see the motor windings may be damaged due to over current/voltage or insulation failure. 

Can you please measure the insulation resistance between phase windings using multimeter. If the reading is very small or zero, it indicates that there is a short circuit between the two phases.

We want to develop our custom inverter in order to drive our custom motor. Could you  help us.

Yes, We can help in developing new custom inverter and controller using Infineon products. 

Can you please create a new thread with detailed requirement for custom inverter along with motor and application details? This will help us to provide a suitable solution.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @Amit10,

Can you please make sure you have followed all the board setup and other configurations mentioned in XMC13 BLDC Scalar Control Software based on 3 Hall sensor Getting Started 

Please let us know if any further details are required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

Yes, I have followed the all steps as per the documents. Initially, I was able to run the motor but after some time I am not able to run maxon motor it is showing a short circuit error and the motor is getting heated very rapidly. But when I disable the protection scheme then the motor is running sometimes. During hole pattern learning, motor is always moving slowly but out of 10 only 2 times motor is able to come in normal operation mode and it is getting heated very fast. We want to develop our custom inverter in order to drive our custom motor.Could you  help us.

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @Amit10,

From the above observation we can see the motor windings may be damaged due to over current/voltage or insulation failure. 

Can you please measure the insulation resistance between phase windings using multimeter. If the reading is very small or zero, it indicates that there is a short circuit between the two phases.

We want to develop our custom inverter in order to drive our custom motor. Could you  help us.

Yes, We can help in developing new custom inverter and controller using Infineon products. 

Can you please create a new thread with detailed requirement for custom inverter along with motor and application details? This will help us to provide a suitable solution.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes