Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mrnoone
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello everyone. I am writing a piece of code to continuously write on first six sectors of XMC1202; and I need to verify my writing operation. By setting action type, we can have the results in NVMSTATUS register. My question is that, "is verification performed for each block, or each page, or each sector, in the case of continuous writing to flash."

Thanks for your time ...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

As per the documentation the verification is performed for each block. One more tip has been provided in the reference manual regarding this. 

"A continuous write operation without automatic verification, followed by two standalone verifications with ‘hardread written’ and ‘hardread erased’, is faster than a write operation with continuous automatic verification, since in the second case for every block write the hardread level has to be changed twice, whereas in the first
case this change is performed only two times for the complete write data. On the other hand, for the continuous automatic verification the reference data for the verification is directly available within the NVM module, whereas for the stand-alone verification the reference data needs to be provided again by the CPU"

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

As per the documentation the verification is performed for each block. One more tip has been provided in the reference manual regarding this. 

"A continuous write operation without automatic verification, followed by two standalone verifications with ‘hardread written’ and ‘hardread erased’, is faster than a write operation with continuous automatic verification, since in the second case for every block write the hardread level has to be changed twice, whereas in the first
case this change is performed only two times for the complete write data. On the other hand, for the continuous automatic verification the reference data for the verification is directly available within the NVM module, whereas for the stand-alone verification the reference data needs to be provided again by the CPU"

Best Regards,
Vasanth