Any issues while using four SPI's in XMC controller.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
An_1
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi,

I am using XMC4800 controller having 144 pins and 2mb size (XMC 4800 F144x-2048). Previously in my project we use 3 SPIs and now we add another SPI i.e, total 4 SPI we are using and every SPI is in  MASTER and Full Duplex mode and we use SPI_MASTER_0 for communicating with Flash 1 and Flash2 which are same MAKE and it's working fine. Now we add SPI_MASTER_3 and SPI_MASTER_0 is used for Flash1 and SPI_MASTER_3 for Flash2. In the attached image we use different pinouts for different SPIs. SPI_MASTER_0, SPI_MASTER_1 and SPI_MASTER_2 are working properly but SPI_MASTER_3 we are not able to communicate with Flash2.

Is there any issue with this controller by using 4SPI's? 

Best Regards

Anirudh

0 Likes
3 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @An_1 ,

1.Can you let us know if there is more than one SPI Master trying to access the same flash?

2.Can you please share your application code so that it will help us look into the issue in detail.

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi @Alakananda_BG 

No we are using individual SPI to communicate with individual flash.  SPI_MASTER_0 is communicating with Flash1 and SPI_MASTER_3 with Flash2. We are using different pinouts as u can see in the attached image.

Regards

Anirudh.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi @Alakananda_BG 

2. I am using 2 flashes(W25Q80DV/DL) of same make. i am communicating one flash with SPI_MASTER_0 and other flash with SPI_MASTER_3. in the attached code i can able to communicate one flash with SP_MASTER_0 pinouts. but other flash with SPI_MASTER_3 pinouts i can't able to communicate.

I attached pinouts of SPI_MASTER_0 and 3 in above.

Thanks 

Anirudh

0 Likes