Adc Error Rate

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Minu
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi, I would like to know what is the expected total ADC error rate  for the part number XMC1402Q048X0032AAXUMA1.Along with that I would Iike  to know whether the error rate is after calibration is done or not.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Minu,

You can find the typical values of different errors involved in ADC in XMC 1400 datasheet. The errors of a calibrated ADC (under operating conditions only) is expected to be within the specified ranges. 

ncbs_0-1660053841124.png

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Minu,

You can find the typical values of different errors involved in ADC in XMC 1400 datasheet. The errors of a calibrated ADC (under operating conditions only) is expected to be within the specified ranges. 

ncbs_0-1660053841124.png

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
Minu
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!
Hi,

We are in the evaluation phase of our project so one of the parameter to select the MCU is by comparing ADC error rate. So, I would like to know how to calculate total adc error from the different errors provided in the datasheet.

Regards,
Minu
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this transmission that do not relate to the official business of Quest Global and/or its subsidiaries, shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Any statements made herein that are tantamount to contractual obligations, promises, claims or commitments shall not be binding on the Company unless followed by written confirmation by an authorized signatory of the Company.
Owen_Su
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi, @Minu ,

The reference manual of XMC1400 has the transfer characteristics and error definitions in page 868.  As my understanding, the real transfer curve can exhibit certain deviations from the ideal transfer curve,  therefore, the performance of the ADC module should be evaluated from many aspects. Or you can find more information about ADC module in the reference manual.

Owen_Su_0-1660121134636.png

Regards,

Owen_Su

0 Likes