Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PabloLL18
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked First like given

Hi,

I received a XMC 1300 CPU Board and it works correctly. I've changed de BMI value from SWD0 to SPD0, after that I can't communicate with the target because J-link says that it's impossible to connect to target.

I have proved all the solutions explained in this forum:

- Get/Set BMI value using a 8-pin cable with DAVE.

- Change BMI value using J-Link Command.

- Using XMC Flasher.

- Using Memtool.

- Check  the board is powered correctly.

- Connect to target using  XMC Link instead of onboard debugger.

After all the test I still can't change BMI Mode.  I create another discussion (Re: I CANT CHANGE BMI FROM SPD0 TO OTHER BMI VALUE... - Infineon Developer Community) but all solutions didn't work.

My last option is modify the BMI value in CS0 to change the readed value after a master reset. I don't know it's is possible. 

I also read about “Request BMI installation routine (new BMI)”, available in ROM address 0x00000108 but I don't know how it works (because I can't connect to target to execute this routine using software ).

I've attached the documents I'm using.

Best Regards, Pablo

XMC1300 CPU Card board user's manual

PabloLL18_2-1684435228499.png

Boot mode handling for XMC1000

PabloLL18_3-1684435915673.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
sujatapatil
10 likes received 100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi ,

If you configure device in SPD mode , then none of below devices/software will help you to establish communication with Target board. The reason is these device doesn't support SPD commnication.  

1> XMC flasher - ASC mode

2> Memtool - ASC mode

3> J-link - SWD mode

So you need to make sure to use either ASC mode or user debug mode on SWD0 .

Thanks

Sujata

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sujatapatil

Hi ,

Please confirm your application is running despite of setting BMI to SPD0 mode.

Since core is in SPD mode ,   on-board debugger which can connect in swd mode unable to communicate  core. As you mentioned you tried with XMC link , was it in SWD or SPD mode configured. Can you try configuring XMC link to SPD mode and try connecting to CPU.

Have you configured GPIO pin P2.0 as input pin and registered interrupt handle as suggested in application note ?

Memmtool can only communicate in ASL mode , so this will not help. 

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes
PabloLL18
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked First like given

Hi, 

1) My application is my CPU card?. My CPU card power supply is provided by PMSM Low Voltaje 15 W motor card as you can see in picture below. The isolated part of XMC Link is power by the target application aswell (as suggested in XMC Link User's Manual).

PabloLL18_1-1684578535381.png

PabloLL18_0-1684577070124.jpeg

2) I don't know how I can configure XMC link to SPD mode, Could you give me some information about this process? 

3) I've tried to generate an interrupt using P2.0 as suggested in application note "Boot mode handling for XMC1000 ", but I have not configured the GPIO pin P2.0 as input and registered interrupt handle. I have not to much idea how can I do it because I can't stablish connection with target to using DAVE. 

In the same document, the points from 2.1.2 to 2.1.5 explain how define the P2.0 as input and registered interrupt handle; However modifying these files I can't load the modifications because I can't establish connection with target.

PabloLL18_2-1684579293795.png

4) The project I'm trying to use is BLDC_SCALAR_HALL_XMC13 from DAVE App examples. In this example I need to use SPD0 because pin P0.15 is one of the hall sensor signal. 

PabloLL18_3-1684580084054.png

Start_3-Hall-Sensor-based_BLDC_Motor_Control_Example_for_XMC13xx

PabloLL18_4-1684580338603.png

Thanks for response. Best Regards, Pablo.

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi ,

If you configure device in SPD mode , then none of below devices/software will help you to establish communication with Target board. The reason is these device doesn't support SPD commnication.  

1> XMC flasher - ASC mode

2> Memtool - ASC mode

3> J-link - SWD mode

So you need to make sure to use either ASC mode or user debug mode on SWD0 .

Thanks

Sujata

sujatapatil

Hi , 

I have not heard you since my last response . I assume that this is because the issue is resolved and you are busy with other important work. 

If, however, the issue is not resolved, please do let me know and I shall work with you to ensure that the issue is resolved.

I will wait for another two days to hear from you. If I do not hear from you, I shall go ahead and close this case.

You can always reopen this case or create a new case for any other issue. We will be happy to help you in resolving your issues.

Thanks

Thanks and Regards,

0 Likes