ASC Bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello all,

I'm trying to deal with ASC Bootloader on the XMC 4500 relax kit. I connect pins P1.4 and P1.5 to MAX232 converter and I'm able to receive 0xD5 after sending 0x00 from my laptop. Sounds good.
But, when I try to use XMCLoad.exe (supply in the example package from Infineon), I receive an error :

Initializing primary boot loader...
ERROR : ASC BSL initialization failed - quitting

I think my hardware is correct because I can receive good answer from the bootstrap loader.
Can you give me some advices about what could causemy error plz ?

Thanks for your help.

Fabrice.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
Answering myself. A little bit...

I figure out out how to communicate with my board by setting the baudrate up to 115.2kBauds. Fine.
Next question is : the XMCLoad.exe software ask me what is the application length and I don't know how to find it !

I try to compile ASCLoader project and check the size of the hex generated file. I try many different things but each time, I've got :

Sending ASCLoader...
ERROR:Installing ASCLoader failed - quitting

Any help on this ?!

Thanks !

Fab.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Ok, I found the correc size of ASCLoader.hex => 5478 bytes.
Seems to work because I jump on the next stage in the XMCLoad program. It says that flash memory is not protected, good, and ask me the name of the hex file (user code) to program. Now, I've got an error after

ERROR : Hexfile download failed. Reason : Unknow error - quitting

Any recommendations ?

Thanks !
0 Likes