3D Magnetic Sensor Output

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hey guys,

I'm trying to read the data coming from the Infineon 3D magnetic sensor in C#/C++.
Currently I'm sucesssfully connecting to the COM Port using the C# SerialPort class but I don't know how to exchange data between the c#-application and the sensor.

Does someone have an example or can guide me into the right direction for the way of achieving this?

Thanks in advance

Tim
0 Likes
6 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Which board are you using? 3D Magnetic Sensor 2GO?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
Not applicable
jferreira wrote:
Hi,

Which board are you using? 3D Magnetic Sensor 2GO?

Regards,
Jesus

Hello,
I'm trying too to connect to the sensor via USB and C#, but I have no idea how to start and stop the device, and how to decode the data.
Some help would be hugely appreciated,
Marco Ciarrocca
0 Likes
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
Do you use the official firmware or your customized firmware.

If you develop the firmware by yourself, you could define the protocol as you like.

If you will use the official firmware, then some reverse engineering is expected. The official firmware don't have source code released with it.
0 Likes
Not applicable
I am currently using the official firmware, and I managed to retrieve the data, but I can't figure out how to decode the bytes I receive. They have random length and have little constancy between them
0 Likes
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
I have tried to request the source code of the official firmware. But Infineon refused to provide it.

Now I am using my customized firmware. It's not very difficult to write the driver for the magnetic sensor. You should have a try.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Yes, I am now trying too to program my own firmware...
0 Likes