wifi config with bluetooth

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

i want to wifi config with bluetooth. For this, Is the app available? or should i add btstack in to my wiced application?

how do i.

finally, no example bluemix in WICED-SDK-3.7.0. Where can I find this example?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AndrewY_86
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

On 3.7.0 and later, demo/ble_wifi_introducer demonstrates sending wifi credentials over BLE. It Includes an iPhone app to do this. You can refer to BLE WiFi Introducer

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The latest WICED WiFi SDK supports several 'combo' chips which contain WiFi radios in addition to Bluetooth.

Many of these parts are noted within the 2016 IoT Solutions Guide

A BT stack called BTE (Bluetooth Embedded) is included, and external Bluetooth stacks are not supported.

0 Likes

Hello,

Are there any examples for an android / iphone apps for configuring wiced chips via bluetooth?

My experience is mostly on embedded systems so it would be nice to have a running mobile app for starters.

0 Likes

You may want to explore the ~apps/demo/bt_smartbridge and ~apps/demo/bt_internet_gateway examples found in the WICED SDK.

AndrewY_86
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

On 3.7.0 and later, demo/ble_wifi_introducer demonstrates sending wifi credentials over BLE. It Includes an iPhone app to do this. You can refer to BLE WiFi Introducer