wiced_wifi_set_roam_trigger returns error for CYW943907AEVALF

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using CYW 43907EVILF board. I am calling wiced_wifi_set_roam_trigger API with -99 value as argument. I expect WICED_SUCCESS in the return but it returns Error. Is  this desired behavior? Or I am missing something? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AtulJ_56
Employee
Employee
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 replies posted

It should return WICED_SUCCESS. I tried on my end on the CYW943907AEVAL1F and also saw the failure. We were able to fix it locally and now have to merge it to the SDK. Shall reach out once the fix is in.

-atul

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

wiced_result_t wiced_wifi_set_roam_trigger(int32_t trigger_level)

Set roam trigger level

Parameters

[in]trigger_level: Trigger level in dBm. The Wi-Fi device will search for a new AP to connect to once the
signal from the AP (it is currently associated with) drops below the roam trigger level. Valid value range: 2 to -100 0 : Default roaming trigger 1 : Optimize for bandwidth roaming trigger 2 : Optimize for distance roaming trigger -1 to -100: Roaming will be triggered based on the specified RSSI value

Can you check the return value you are getting? You can refer to wwd_constants.h for finding the return type according to value.
can you tell the error code it returned?

0 Likes
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I have used wiced_wifi_set_roam_trigger() in scan and apsta application and it returns the value as 2010 which means Not band locked. These application run as expected.

If you can elaborate a bit on the application where you are using this API, I might be able to help.

0 Likes
AtulJ_56
Employee
Employee
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 replies posted

It should return WICED_SUCCESS. I tried on my end on the CYW943907AEVAL1F and also saw the failure. We were able to fix it locally and now have to merge it to the SDK. Shall reach out once the fix is in.

-atul