wiced_get_bss_info fails with 2014 (Buffer too short)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mmch
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi,

In my application I need to know what beacon period and DTIM interval are set for the AP that my device (CYW4343W in Type1DX with WICED 6.6) is connected to.

I'm calling wiced_get_bss_info to achieve that. Most of the time, it works fine, however, for some unknown reason it sometimes starts to fail and then fails continuously with the error code 2014 (Buffer too short).

What are the possible reasons for such error for this function ? How can I prevent that ? Is there any other way to get the beacon / DTIM information ?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,
Mehdi

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @mmch ,

We are looking into it. Can you give the function sequence which you have in your code.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes
mmch
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Rakesh_BG,

I'm simply calling the function once I get connected to the AP.

FYI, in the meantime I continued my investigation and think I found out what the problem could be. It seems that the function fails with this error code when the WiFi latency is greater than 250ms.  Below that the function succeed, and above that it fails with error code 2014.

Could you please confirm that there is some kind of timeout in such calls and that this may be the cause of the error ? If so, why returning error code 2014 which would be misleading ?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,
Mehdi

0 Likes
mmch
Level 2
Level 2

Hi again @Rakesh_BG,

I continued my tests and noticed that I sometimes have the same issues with an AP where the latency would be less than 250ms.

Could you please confirm whether the assumptions in my previous message are true and if there is something else that might cause similar issue ?

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Mehdi

0 Likes
mmch
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Rakesh_BG,

Is there a good reason why the code is different in wiced_get_ap_info ? Why not call wiced_get_bss_info from there ?

Best regards,
Mehdi

0 Likes