what Cypress board do you recommend for a begginer to start programming IoT appllications? Which are the IoT platforms aggeed by Cypress ioT kits?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What Cypress board do you recommend for a beginner to start programming IoT applications?

Which are the IoT platforms agreed by Cypress IoT kits?

Can we connect the kit to IBM Watson IoT or PTC/ThingWorx?

Thank you

Corneliu

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

vik86​ developed an IBM Watson recipe for the Avnet IoT Starter Kit that is listed here: WICED IBM IoT Bluemix quickstart​ and another using iOS here: iOS application for WICED Sense to connect to IBM Watson IoT(Quickstart)

Avnet also includes a comprehensive getting started guide for this board on their Avnet CloudConnectKits support site.

With that said, WICED Development is not exactly targeted towards a beginner as it typically assumes one has at least 3 years of embedded development experience.

For a beginner, I would take a look at the ZentriOS (their own more user friendly SDK) with the Avnet Development Kit noted above.

In fact, this combo and IBM Watson are what we targeted with the recent series of hands on seminars held in the US: Join IBM, Avnet and Zentri for a series of webinars and IoT workshops

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

vik86​ developed an IBM Watson recipe for the Avnet IoT Starter Kit that is listed here: WICED IBM IoT Bluemix quickstart​ and another using iOS here: iOS application for WICED Sense to connect to IBM Watson IoT(Quickstart)

Avnet also includes a comprehensive getting started guide for this board on their Avnet CloudConnectKits support site.

With that said, WICED Development is not exactly targeted towards a beginner as it typically assumes one has at least 3 years of embedded development experience.

For a beginner, I would take a look at the ZentriOS (their own more user friendly SDK) with the Avnet Development Kit noted above.

In fact, this combo and IBM Watson are what we targeted with the recent series of hands on seminars held in the US: Join IBM, Avnet and Zentri for a series of webinars and IoT workshops

0 Likes

Hi  mwf_mmfae

Thank you very much for your promptly answer.

But just for me to have an idea about the necessary skill.

I'll need to know JavaScript, HTML or some other language?

Thank you.

0 Likes

C and C++ are the most common languages used in embedded programming. 

0 Likes