udp packet creation and send taking too much time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to send a UDP packet , so I used the sample code udp_transmit from the SDK , but when I checked the time taken to create and send a UDP packet it was showing 7.8 ms , (I toggled a gpio and measuread the pulse width )

This time is much large comapred to wifi throughput, we are expecting a throughbut of 15Mb/s but this can't be achieved if the UDP packet creation and send is taking too much time.

Why is this so? Is it better in any other SDK ?

We are using 3.1.0 SDK with SN8000x EVB

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im getting about 650 Kbps(required for my application) in udp  along with a tcp server without any problem.
Im using SDK 3.1.2 with mcu stm32f429 and bcm43362

0 Likes
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Please try SDK-3.1.2 and let us know it solves your problem or not.

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Seyhan,
For me, while running the application, often UDP Packet creation fails,this results in no communication in between,
Is it because the pool is not freed? how to solve this?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi seyhan

I've tested using SDK 3.1.2 , still i can see creating+sending a udp packet takes 7.8-8milliseonds,

We are very much stuck with this issue, How improve the efficeinecy here?

Is there any alternative solution to achive improved throughput?

(I want send udp packets every 2ms , but the udp packet creation & sending itslef takes 7-8ms)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, i sorted it out .

I was using debug alongwith the build string which caused high duration of packet creation + sending, (not clear why is this)

When I removed it I got creation+sending under 200-400microseconds, which is a good throughput

0 Likes