stdio uart failure after boot on STM32F205 WICED 2.3.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaCi_2122796
Level 3
Level 3

Im trying to bring over an application in development on an STM32F205 from 2.2.1 to 2.3.1 due to the bootloader bug with C++ contructors (dont ya love the difference between extern * and extern []?).

Everything seems to be working except that the uart used for stdio becomes deinitialized sometime during the boot; if i disable the error checking in wiced_uart_init, and initialize the uart again after wiced_init, stdio will work again. While this is a workaround, it doesnt truly address the issue and will certainly lead to problems in the future.

I have confirmed that it is operating prior to the call to host_platform_init inside of init_architecture, and up to the wiced_gpio_init in platform_reset_wlan_powersave_clock, but seems to fail after MCU_CLOCKS_NEEDED in wiced_gpio_init.

init_architecture->host_platform_init        // good here

host_platform_init->wiced_gpio_init         // still good...

wiced_gpio_init->MCU_CLOCKS_NEEDED   // fails somwhere in this call...

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?

0 Likes
2 Replies
DaCi_2122796
Level 3
Level 3
Turns out the module vendor had a new patch they tried to send us that allows the board to work under 2.3.1. *sigh*
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
So Invtentek resolved this issue with a new patch for 2.3.1?
0 Likes