snip.scan app Scannning Problem in 64bit Windows.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Presently Customer is using BCM943362WCD4 Evaluation Board and operating system version is Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.  Customer tried installing the drivers for that but we couldn't able to find the exact required drivers. If you have the drivers for this operating system please share it.

Customer has tried in moving to 32-bit Windows try to run the snip.scan app, it is not able scan the APs. Customer has also tried snip.ping, snip.ap_clients_rssi, but no  progress as such.  Sharing the snapshot of the serial terminal for your reference.

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards,

Jagadish.H

Avnet India Pvt. Ltd.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jaeyoung,

The problem got sorted out.

It was the problem of the platform. The EVB we have received was WICED+ (BCM9WCDPLUS114).

But the make targets for the Wiced SDK 3.1.2 were based on BCM943362WCD4. I have tried to change the make targets to BCM9WCDPLUS114.

And it's up now.

Regards,

Lavanya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
JaeyoungY_71
Employee
Employee
First comment on KBA 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi Jagadish,

The drviers are in the following location of each SDK.

WICED-SDK\tools\drivers\BCM9WCD1EVAL1_Drivers.

In the Windows Device Manager, find the WICED device it will be showing as <driver not installed>. Right click on the device and select <Update Driver Software> <Browse my computer for driver software> and copy in the directory path to BCM9WCD1EVAL1_Drivers in the SDK you are using. Windows should install the driver and it will show up under Ports (COM & LPT) as below. You will be able to download the program image then.

wiced_driver_port.PNG

As for the snip.scan app, I have not seen that error message before. If you let us know which version of SDK you are using I can look into it.

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jaeyoung,

Customer is using SDK 3.1.2.

Regards,

Jagadish.H

0 Likes

Change another USB cable! Which could provide more current to EVB!

It look like it's fail to turn on WiFi chip !

Below is success one!

You could see the SDIO interface initialised

pastedImage_14.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Jaeyoung,

Will get back once tested as per your advise.

Regards,

Jagadish.H

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jaeyoung,

The problem got sorted out.

It was the problem of the platform. The EVB we have received was WICED+ (BCM9WCDPLUS114).

But the make targets for the Wiced SDK 3.1.2 were based on BCM943362WCD4. I have tried to change the make targets to BCM9WCDPLUS114.

And it's up now.

Regards,

Lavanya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had a problem!

I have one N02 EVB(WICED+BCM943362WCD6)  and can not scan WiFi after I download application(test.console).

The make target for the Wiced SDK 3.1.2 I used is "test.console-BCM943362WCD6 download run".

N02.PNG

Best regards,

Kenny

0 Likes

Hi Kenny,

I don't have that exact same board yet but the BCM43341WCD1 has a similar STM32F417IGH6 and it works correctly. I'll try to get one of the boards you are using and test it.

In the meanwhile, I don't see the WWD SDIO being initialized in your logs. Try changing the USB cable as Jone suggested. You could also get information by un-commenting the following from include/wiced_defaults.h

//#define WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_INFO         /* Wiced Wi-Fi Driver prints */

//#define WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_DEBUG

//#define WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_ERROR

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi kenny,

If the problem is not yet solved, Follow the step to make it work. After you got the console app > on the terminal window, Then you need to press the TAB key (2 times )on your PC then it will display you a table as shown below. Once you got the table then consider that your test.console is working fine. After this select the keyword from that table and type it there as it is (>scan or get_mac_addr or what ever you need)  so that it performs its function as shown.

See In my case it is working :solution.jpg

Even though if it is not working then you have to make sure on what platform you are working,whether your building make files are same as those of that particular platform.

Thanks

venkat

Hi Kenny,

Were you able to solve this problem?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The EVBs I got are SSB-WM-N01(M3) and SSB-WM-N02(M4). I use Platform BCM943362WCD4 to run app normally on SSB-WM-N01, but I can not  use Platform BCM943362WCD6 to run app on SSB-WM-N02 and the result was shown in above.

Now, I try to use Platform BCM9WCD1AUDIO to run app on SSB-WM-N02 and it works!!

However, if I un-comment the following from include/wiced_defaults.h,

//#define WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_INFO         /* Wiced Wi-Fi Driver prints */

//#define WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_DEBUG

//#define WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_ERROR

it will not work like this.

debug.PNG

Thanks

Kenny

0 Likes

Hi Kenny,

So sorry, it seems like we have a bug with enabling WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_DEBUG in SDK 3.1.2. We will look into it. I'm glad you got it to work with the BCM9WCD1AUDIO though.

BCM943362WCD6 also has the host MCU STM32F415 but they have different packaging and if it is SSB-WM-N02 that you are using BCM9WCD1AUDIO is the right platform. Let me know if you run into any other problems.

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes