looking for a linux (ubuntu) driver for bcm43362

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working with Murata ZX module and looking for a Linux driver that will work with the bcm43362

any one?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

moti

Per the instructions provided here: Murata Wi-Fi/Bluetooth for Linux and Android

Any drivers needed should be included within the release available on the FRS/NXP website/community.

Essentially, everything begins with the CPU manufacture:

Freescale/NXP Community

The CPU manufacture will provide the Linux Kernel, associated device drivers, evaluation platform and all necessary support for the same. This also includes support for Broadcom based firmware used to complete the offering, such as the Bluetooth stack or any corresponding drivers or board support packages and test firmware.

MyMurata

The production module manufacture (Murata) will support the production Broadcom based Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module which interfaces to the board via a connector, or resides directly on the intended development platform. Murata will provide specific module documentation such as Quick Start Guides, SW/HW User Manuals, Module Design Files and any additional Manufacturing/Regulatory/Test documentation needed to support their offering.

Community Website:

-Broadcom based Manufacturing/Regulatory/Test documentation

-All Broadcom SoC specific datasheets for the Wi-Fi or Combo devices used on a specific partner offering

-Guidance/Quick Start articles related to the integration of the above

skerrvsbseyhangangi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

moti

Per the instructions provided here: Murata Wi-Fi/Bluetooth for Linux and Android

Any drivers needed should be included within the release available on the FRS/NXP website/community.

Essentially, everything begins with the CPU manufacture:

Freescale/NXP Community

The CPU manufacture will provide the Linux Kernel, associated device drivers, evaluation platform and all necessary support for the same. This also includes support for Broadcom based firmware used to complete the offering, such as the Bluetooth stack or any corresponding drivers or board support packages and test firmware.

MyMurata

The production module manufacture (Murata) will support the production Broadcom based Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module which interfaces to the board via a connector, or resides directly on the intended development platform. Murata will provide specific module documentation such as Quick Start Guides, SW/HW User Manuals, Module Design Files and any additional Manufacturing/Regulatory/Test documentation needed to support their offering.

Community Website:

-Broadcom based Manufacturing/Regulatory/Test documentation

-All Broadcom SoC specific datasheets for the Wi-Fi or Combo devices used on a specific partner offering

-Guidance/Quick Start articles related to the integration of the above

skerrvsbseyhangangi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, however if you look at the Broadcom table regarding supported Murata modules, they direct back to Murata for the ZX

looks like a close loop to me, what do you say?

Also we used the open source driver for Linux for the ZX, at boot time it recognize the BCM43362 chip , however fails to create a link.

for some reason see error listings below

[  149.403535]
mmc0: card 0001 removed

[  151.372778]
mmc0: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (7 bytes) [  151.385917] mmc0: queuing unknown CIS tuple
0x80 (6 bytes) [  151.426329] mmc0: new
high speed SDIO card at address 0001 [  151.444168]
brcmfmac_sdio mmc0:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43362-sdio.txt
failed with error -2 [  152.448813]
brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50 [  153.454427] brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail
timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50

0 Likes

I will ask someone from the Murata-Linux Applications team to respond.

skerrseyhanvsb

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Moti,

How are you plugging in the SDIO module t a Ubuntu System?  We usually don't test the SDIO modules with Laptop's/Ubuntu systems. We use an Embedded System like iMX. The SDIO modules are made for use in an Embedded System.

Having said that, For Ubuntu we know that folks have got this to work with the open source fmac driver you are using. The problem maybe with the SDIO connection. It may not have enough power to connect to an SDIO module.

Also curious as to why you are trying to use an SDIO module with Ubuntu system? Do you want to just try  out the driver before you move to an embedded system? If that's the case, I would suggest that you get an iMX6 UL. Using this you can get it to work almost out of the box. Murata has good documents which shows how to get the modules working with iMX. You can get the documents for Murata Modules by registering with my my Murata - Home

Thanks,

Venkat

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

vsb

First of all our system is based on Zync+Arm 9 with UBUNTU (we cant change it, I.MX6 is another form of ARM produced by Free scale, I don't see the difference)

We use the SDIO since the ZX module or Murata has SDIO interface (this is how we build our board), I don't think there is a problem of power since we used external 5V power and got the same boot errors

currently we are using Xilinx Zeboard which has SDIO housing and Murata EVK which has SDIO connectivity

So the configuration is BCM43362 (in ZX module) with SDIO interface

There is open source driver for it  and we are working with it - brcmfmac43362-sdio , however we get the following error message at boot time

Do you think you can understand what is the problem? we need one of your Linux expert to explain what is the problem

[  149.403535]
mmc0: card 0001 removed

[  151.372778]
mmc0: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (7 bytes) [  151.385917] mmc0: queuing unknown CIS tuple
0x80 (6 bytes) [  151.426329] mmc0: new
high speed SDIO card at address 0001 [  151.444168]
brcmfmac_sdio mmc0:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43362-sdio.txt
failed with error -2 [  152.448813]
brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50 [  153.454427] brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail
timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Moti,

Thanks for the details. Once you mentioned Ubuntu, I thought you were on an x86 platform.I think I understand your situation. 

If you are using ARM processor, what we recommend is using the bcmdhd driver. Have you registered with myMurata and got access to all the documents of getting started with iMX and this murata module? I believe the Murata EVK comes  with a registration code, that you can use on myMurata to gain access to it.

Supporting you custom design could be more involved as there are many more variables. To get started of with and have a starting point we recommend using an iMX6 UL. It is  is about ~150$. I would recommend you get one of those, get the documents and software package from myMurata and try it out on iMX. If you have any issues with that please let us know and we(Murata/Broadcom) should be able to help you out.

Is the Xilinix Ze Board different from the ZedBoard | Zedboard ?

-Venkat

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I meant Zeboard, with Zync FPGA and 2 ARM cortex 9, we use only one of them with UBUNTU

If we run the i.MX board, how can we be sure that the same driver will work with the Zeboard?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Moti,

The same binary wouldn't work, you will need to compile the driver from source. The  info  on compiling from source is in the Murata guides The driver may need some tweaks and that depends on your platform. If you have some Linux driver expertise then you should be able to handle this.

Can you send me link to the ZeBoard?

Thanks,

Venkat

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venkat

ZedBoard | Zedboard

go to support and then to documentations there you will find all the documents.

I can send to you documents , need your email

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Moit,

The link you point to  ZedBoard.  Is your board on of there from this link? If it is, what is the part number?

| Zedboard

Thanks,

Venkat

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venkat

yes it is the Xilinx Zynq®-7000 Zeboard supplied by Avnet and designed by Digilent

it is the board you see in the web site

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moti,

Ok Not Sure why you say Zeboard. it is Zedboard right?

Does your board look like this?

ZedBoard Zynq-7000 ARM/FPGA SoC Development Board - Digilent

I do have the above board. This has only one SDIO slot which I believe  is used for booting up the card. Where are you inserting the SDIO module then?

Thanks,

Venkat

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry for misspelling Zedboard , yes it is the same

we boot from flash, so that the SDIO is left free

0 Likes