issue with wiced_network_send_ethernet_data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

can some one tell me what the packet format about wiced_network_send_ethernet_data() function's first parameter ?

i want to use wiced_network_send_ethernet_data() send out a packet, but it never succeed.

wiced_buffer_t newBuffer;

host_buffer_get(&newBuffer, WICED_NETWORK_TX, eap_packet_len, EAP+WICED_LINK_OVERHEAD_BELOW_ETHERNET_FRAME, WICED_TRUE) ;

((NX_PACKET*) newBuffer)->nx_packet_data_start = ((NX_PACKET*) newBuffer)->nx_packet_prepend_ptr - WICED_LINK_OVERHEAD_BELOW_ETHERNET_FRAME;

memcpy(((NX_PACKET*) newBuffer)->nx_packet_prepend_ptr, &pkt, eapol_packet_head_len);

memcpy(((NX_PACKET*) newBuffer)->nx_packet_prepend_ptr+ eapol_packet_head_len, pkt.eapdata, len);

wiced_network_send_ethernet_data( newBuffer, interface );

RTOS: ThreadX

Net Stack: NetX duo

Processor: STM32F205

Wifi Chip: 43362

Bus: SDIO

0 Likes
1 Solution
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Please take a look at ...\include\wiced_tcpip.h and use wiced_tcp_send_packet() over an established connection.

-Seyhan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Please take a look at ...\include\wiced_tcpip.h and use wiced_tcp_send_packet() over an established connection.

-Seyhan

SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Meanwhile, what is the reason to use wiced_network_send_ethernet_data() call?

Are there any specific problems that you are trying to resolve?

Thanks,

-Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i call wiced_network_send_ethernet_data() to send out a specific packet include eapol header, so i must use low level interface.

0 Likes

Hello,

Is this resolved, or do you need more information?

Keep in mind you should not be modifying this unless you want to do something special, in which case let us know more details.

Also, at this level there should be an Ethernet Packet but it is important that you have sufficient space at the front of the packet for the bus headers.

0 Likes