interfacing cypress with STM32U5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aniruddhann
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hello,

I am looking to interface the cypress wifi module(muRata 1Dx) with STM32U5 over SDIO. I can not use WICED studio but will be using the zephyr framework. So have many doubts as -

1. will I be using the WHD public APIs or is there any more wrapper available? The WHD has provided some empty objects under external/hal->*.h file. So, I need to map the empty objects with processor-specific ports, etc. correc?

2. I got to know the WICED studio has its internal library to invoke the wifi-related APIs. So, can it be possible to import those (which all ?) libraries in my project & then invoke those? (thus eliminating the need for a WICED studio ?)

Please suggest, Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @aniruddhann ,

1.  If you are using external board there are no wrappers present to use, You need to to create wrappers for WHD API's.

2. Wiced studio has its internal libraries and codes tightly coupled. It requires lot of effort to port that to your project . We would suggest you to use WHD in that case.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @aniruddhann ,

1.  If you are using external board there are no wrappers present to use, You need to to create wrappers for WHD API's.

2. Wiced studio has its internal libraries and codes tightly coupled. It requires lot of effort to port that to your project . We would suggest you to use WHD in that case.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G 

0 Likes