humidity and temp tutorial 101

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
alorc_4110946
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Can the CYW94343WWCD1_EVB do the tutorial 101 demo for humidity and temperature or is it specified for certain platforms?

0 Likes
1 Solution

That application is meant for a PSoC AFE shield and for CYW943907AEVAL1F platform. CYW94343WWCD1 does not have provision for a Arduino Shield, hence the application does not really work out of the box. You can connect an i2c sensor separately through J7 header and modify the code accordingly. Please let me know if you need any help in that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
alorc_4110946
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

What I have done interms of mK, c, and the error follows. I am able to build and download many of the other programs in the tutorial.

ww101.02.07_i2cread-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB download run

07_i2cread.mk

NAME := apps_ww101_02_07_i2cread

$(NAME)_SOURCES := 07_i2cread.c

07_i2cread.c

#include "wiced.h"

#define I2C_ADDRESS (0x42)

#define TEMPERATURE_REG 0x07

volatile wiced_bool_t buttonPress = WICED_FALSE;

void button_isr(void* arg)

{

buttonPress = WICED_TRUE;

}

void application_start()

{

wiced_init();

wiced_gpio_input_irq_enable(WICED_BUTTON1, IRQ_TRIGGER_FALLING_EDGE, button_isr, NULL);

const wiced_i2c_device_t i2cDevice = {

.port = WICED_I2C_1,

.address = I2C_ADDRESS,

.address_width = I2C_ADDRESS_WIDTH_7BIT,

.speed_mode = I2C_STANDARD_SPEED_MODE

};

wiced_i2c_init(&i2cDevice);

u_int8_t tx_buffer[] = {TEMPERATURE_REG};

struct {

float temp;

float humidity;

float light;

float pot;

}

rx_buffer;

wiced_i2c_write(&i2cDevice, WICED_I2C_START_FLAG | WICED_I2C_STOP_FLAG, tx_buffer, sizeof(tx_buffer));

while(1)

{

if(buttonPress)

{

wiced_i2c_read(&i2cDevice, WICED_I2C_START_FLAG | WICED_I2C_STOP_FLAG, &rx_buffer, sizeof(rx_buffer));

WPRINT_APP_INFO(("TEMPERATURE: %.1f\t Humidity: %.1f\t Light: %.1f\t Pot: %.1f\n", rx_buffer.temp, rx_buffer.humidity, rx_buffer.light, rx_buffer.pot));

buttonPress = WICED_FALSE;

}

}

}

Error

09:13:13 **** Build of configuration Default for project 43xxx_Wi-Fi ****

"C:\\Users\\Al\\Documents\\WICED-Studio-6.2\\43xxx_Wi-Fi\\make.exe" ww101.02.07_i2cread-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB download run

MAKEFILE MAKECMDGOALS=ww101.02.07_i2cread-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB download run OTA2_SUPPORT is disabled

Building Bootloader

Building Serial Flash Loader App

MAKEFILE MAKECMDGOALS=waf.sflash_write-NoOS-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB-SDIO OTA2_SUPPORT is disabled

Applying changes made to: tools/makefiles/wiced_config.mk

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| IMPORTANT NOTES |

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Wi-Fi MAC Address |

| The target Wi-Fi MAC address is defined in <WICED-SDK>/generated_mac_address.txt                 |

| Ensure each target device has a unique address. |

| MCU & Wi-Fi Power Save                                                                              |

| It is *critical* that applications using WICED Powersave API functions connect an accurate 32kHz |

| reference clock to the sleep clock input pin of the WLAN chip. Please read the WICED Powersave   |

| Application Note located in the documentation directory if you plan to use powersave features.   |

| IMPORTANT NOTES |

| Wi-Fi MAC Address |

| The target Wi-Fi MAC address is defined in <WICED-SDK>/generated_mac_address.txt                 |

| Ensure each target device has a unique address. |

| MCU & Wi-Fi Power Save                                                                              |

| It is *critical* that applications using WICED Powersave API functions connect an accurate 32kHz |

| reference clock to the sleep clock input pin of the WLAN chip. Please read the WICED Powersave   |

| Application Note located in the documentation directory if you plan to use powersave features.   |

1. waf.sflash_write-NoOS-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB-SDIO

----------------------------------|---------|

|  Static |

Module              |   RAM |

----------------------------------+---------|

App                               |   21130 |

Host MCU-family library           | 11604 |

Interrupt Vectors                 |     388 |

libc                              |     556 |

platform                          |    1104 |

Ring_Buffer                       |      40 |

SPI_Flash_Library_CYW94343WWCD1_EV|     936 |

Startup Stack & Link Script fill  |     486 |

WWD                               |     188 |

----------------------------------+---------|

TOTAL (bytes)                     |   36432 |

----------------------------------|---------|

Build complete

Finished Building Bootloader

Finished Building Serial Flash Loader App

Making ww101.02.07_i2cread-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB.elf

build/ww101.02.07_i2cread-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB/libraries/STM32F4xx.a(wiced_platform_common.o): In function `wiced_i2c_read':

C:\Users\Al\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.2\43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_platform_common.c:287: undefined reference to `platform_i2c_read'

build/ww101.02.07_i2cread-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB/libraries/STM32F4xx.a(wiced_platform_common.o): In function `wiced_i2c_write':

C:\Users\Al\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.2\43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_platform_common.c:303: undefined reference to `platform_i2c_write'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

tools/makefiles/wiced_elf.mk:315: recipe for target 'build/ww101.02.07_i2cread-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB/binary/ww101.02.07_i2cread-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB.elf' failed

1. make.exe[1]: *** [build/ww101.02.07_i2cread-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB/binary/ww101.02.07_i2cread-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB.elf] Error 1

Makefile:351: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

09:13:29 Build Finished (took 16s.380ms)

0 Likes

That application is meant for a PSoC AFE shield and for CYW943907AEVAL1F platform. CYW94343WWCD1 does not have provision for a Arduino Shield, hence the application does not really work out of the box. You can connect an i2c sensor separately through J7 header and modify the code accordingly. Please let me know if you need any help in that.