how to make FTP connection using NetX

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

we are trying to make FTP connection to the server in order to download img for ota.

can someone please help / explain / point me into the right direction what all do we need to do in between

wiced_init( );

wiced_network_up( WICED_STA_INTERFACE, WICED_USE_EXTERNAL_DHCP_SERVER, NULL );

and

nx_ftp_client_create(&ftp_client, "FTP Client", &IP_HANDLE(WICED_STA_INTERFACE), 2000, &wiced_packet_pools[1]);

nx_ftp_client_connect(&ftp_client, FTP_SERVER_ADDRESS, "user", "pass", 10000);

in order to establish the connection with FTP server.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Martin

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

WiConnect, the serial API from ACKme Networks that sits on top of WICED supports OTA natively, have you considered just using WiConnect to simplify your design?

The WiConnect API can be found here: http://wiconnect.ack.me

It may be a quicker time to market for you

ACKme Networks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Can someone please lets me know if we can use nx_ftp_ functions with existing "wiced_init" and "wiced_network_up" functions?

no matter what I try "nx_ftp_client_connect" always returns NX_NO_PACKET

Regards,

Martin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am faced with the same issue and would like to use the ftp apis available via NetX_Duo. Would definitely like some help on this.

Regards

Kartik

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

nx_ftp, requires a file system, which WICED doesn't support. We have recently been working on implementing TFTP protocol, which is (as the name implies) doing file transfers as well (a trivial one though). it is still a preliminary version, but I can attach it here, if any one is interested.

marting14

Regards,

Bassem

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes please attach it. we are interested in using TFTP for OTA .

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please find the attached zip file for adding TFTP support, please note this is a preliminary version, it hasn't gone through our SVT (System verification tests) yet. I'd appreciate feedbacks. Also please give a good attention to firewall limitations posed by windows.

Have a look at the snip application for the API and usage.

0 Likes